Saturday 4 February 2012

Routine? *Fingers Crossed*

Good afternoon fine people,

I'm in my room on a Saturday afternoon and was torn between doing laundry or procrastinating and doing a blog- yup you won!
So the last time I was here, I was telling you guys about the strike at UB and the exciting trip to Sun City I was going on!! There were 7 of us ladies, that ended up traveling together,  it was a really good group too.
Sun City was absolutely spectacular, never would I have imagined of having a resort vacation in Africa!
Sun City is essentially the Las Vegas of Africa, there's a water park, you can do pretty much anything you want activity wise including, jet-ski-ing, segway tours, safari drives, elephant riding, zip-lining, canoeing.. and so much more.
The only problem was the pricing of all these activities. Because it is a huge tourist spot, people come with their families and are normally older with savings and real jobs, so they could afford to do all these great things. So we had to strategically plan what we really wanted to do and what was worth the money. In the end, we chose to do a Safari Game Drive in the Sun City National Park (the largest in all of Africa), and then we did "Valley Of the Waves", the water park-which was my personal favourite!
The rest of the trip we had to relax and explore for ourselves. We definitely splurged on the quality of food, I have never eaten that many gourmet meals along with the most delicious deserts in one weekend.
Coming back to Gaborone on Sunday was a tad depressing but also exciting, knowing that school was finally going to start and perhaps we could get into the swing of something here.

So a quick recap of this week- CLASSES HAVE OFFICIALLY STARTED... aka we get homework and get to write more than 2 sentences down in our notebooks, its phenomenal.
I joined our residence in- house Basket ball league so we played 2 games this week, which were a lot of fun. I also started doing Zumba here thanks to one of the international students' who is a Zumba instructor back home in Idaho. So recreation has been a plus balanced with classes going on has made the week that much better.  I finally bought a fan, after a month of trying to convince myself I could sleep in 40 degree weather peacefully at night- it has made all the difference!
This weekend, we went out to a bar called "Bowl n Bush" and it was a lot of fun, good music and good company always seems to do the trick!

With all this underway, I'm really hoping for a routine to start so that I could feel more at ease and go about every day with less tension.
Fingers crossed for a smooth week
ALSO- I've been in Botswana for a month- how surreal is that!

No comments:

Post a Comment